Wonderwall: Some Words for Before It Ends

By Rayfienta G - 6:27 PM


"Wonderwall" by Oasis
from the album (What's the Story) Morning Glory?

To be honest, I never liked this song. I mean, I really like this song, but never in a religious way (if you know what I mean). Clearly, it is the most popular Oasis song besides Don't Look Back In Anger. Thus, I thought it was just a "basic, Oasis fan-starter kit" song. I'd rather listen to other songs from the Morning Glory album. Maybe Champagne Supernova, maybe She's Electric. You know, I was looking for something more extravagant.

But lately, it's been changing as I watched an episode of a Netflix series, in which this song was played numerous times. I tried to listen carefully to the lyrics, to the tunes. It occurs to me that I just realized how nostalgic it feels.

Maybe since I'm going to graduate from high school in less than a month, my mind is so packed with feelings of not wanting to let go. Memories rush back to me like ocean waves. I miss everything already, when in fact, it's not even over yet.

It is now that I realized how much "I don't believe that anybody feels the way I do about you now" means. I've always been so possessive and attached for everyone that aren't exactly mine. They just simply exist in my life and I'm thankful for that, despite of them being the Sun to somebody else's Solar System.

"There are many things that I want to say to you, but I don't know how". Yes, I did lots of things in high school. But I did miss lots of things, too. I never get to know everyone personally. I never get to embark real conversations with people. It's not something that I regret, but still, I wish I did that when I had the time. I should have paid attention and noticed how much every single person means to me. And I should have said more nice things that I could say. Those could have "saved me".

And for my Wonderwall—I never know who it actually is. It could only be one person. It could be a group of people. Or it could just be no one at all. As if my mind is playing tricks with me again—projecting fake images and personalities of people when they are not even that good in real life. Just like what Noel said himself, "(Wonderwall is) an imaginary friend who's gonna come and save you from yourself."


Nox, 
Ray

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments