True Love Waits: A Tragically Beautiful Tune

By Rayfienta G - 6:11 PM

(I originally wrote this last February, but I reckon that this still accurately represents my thoughts.)

True Love Waits by Radiohead
from the album I Might Be Wrong (Live Recordings) and Moon Shaped Pool

The moment I realized that I love this song was last year. I remember I was in the car, curled up in my jacket on the way to grandma's. That moment, I had just woken from the road-trip-nap and this song (the Moon Shaped Pool version) was played on the car's stereo. Then I thought about how perfect everything wasthe fusion of that song and the chilling morning air. It was soothing, and it felt like everything I ever needed.

Time flies. This song is now what I call: my personal life soundtrack, especially when it comes to a certain theme, like love. When I get married, or even when I lay in my death bed at the end of my life,  this is the exact song that I wish will be played.

Thom Yorke might have his own intentions and interpretations when he wrote this song. Maybe it's about his relationship, maybe it's about his emotions. Whatever it is, I'm just grateful that he can turn it into such a tragically beautiful piece.

For me, what makes a song so exquisite is the way I feel about it. This song represents the journey of finding the true love of my life. The soulmate. The person that was meant to be my other whole (and not half, because I believe there's no person in the world that was meant to be a half.)

When you're in love with someone, do you ever feel their presence very close to you, even when they are not actually there? Have you ever feel like they are in your veins? When you wake up from a nice sleep, can you just feel his heartbeat beating along with yours even if it doesn't?

That happens to me. Not once, but always. It always happens to me every time I fall in love. Every time I realize that I can love. It doesn't matter to me if he may not be the one. You can't force the way you can feel about someone, or the way they can feel about you. Nor you can change it. If he's not the one for me, I should be able to believe there will be a time where I can just stop loving him, and fall for someone else instead, even if it seems impossible.

Life moves. What true love waits mean to me is that it will take time for me to eventually meet that one person.

"And true love waits, on haunted attics."
His presence can still be hidden somewhere because you haven't met him yet.

"And true love lives on lollipops and crisps."
Or he could be someone that I've met and I slightly like, but I just 'missed' him along the way.

Just believe that in the end, you will be with that person that can change your life. There is already a scheme for the moment to come.

Lastly, one of the most important lessons I have ever learned throughout my life is that you can survive life simply by (1) being loved, and (2) loving. Not everyone has the favor of feeling like they are loved. But everyone can always share their love, through both emotion and action. In this case, it can be your dearest friends, family members, or people that you adore. Love makes you stronger, tougher, and above all, it makes you realize that in this world, you are never alone.




Nox,
Ray

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments